Monday, October 31, 2016

Natural Headache Remedy

About a year ago I ditched the pain meds from the drug store and have been using turmeric mixed with honey for pain relief from headaches for my family. Turmeric is excellent for pain relief and swelling but my kids are really not fans of it. Yesterday when my son had a headache but didn't want to take the turmeric mixture I said to myself there has to be other remedies that I have in the house that I can use that won't make him complain and moan everytime. And there was! Peppermint oil and sips of cold water. I rubbed some peppermint oil at the center of his forehead where his headache was and told him to relax on the couch and take sips of the cold water. The peppermint oil gives the skin a cooling sensation. Within 15 minutes he went from complaining and rubbing his head to joking and playing. I was really impressed so I will use that on myself from now on. You can find peppermint oil at almost all grocery stores and if not then at your local health store. I always have some on hand for my soap and toothpaste recipes. Hope this works for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment