Sunday, October 23, 2016

Make Your Own Washing Soda

Washing Soda is available in the laundry aisle at most grocery stores but every time I need some they are always out. That's when I did some research and found that you can make your own washing soda out of baking soda. All you need to do is pour a thick layer of baking soda on a cookie sheet and put in the over at 400° for about an hour. 
Baking Soda is something that you can find at every grocery and most often fully stocked.
                                                       
I got rid of my non stick cookware so I use my glass pyrex set. Doesn't stick and works fine.
I tried to take some pictures of before and after but you can't really tell the difference but before putting into the oven the baking soda looks like shiny flour and is fluffy. After when it has turned into washing soda it turns grainy and matt. If you still see some shiny parts it just means that your layer was too thick.  Just stir and put in the over for a few more minutes. That's it. When done let it cool.  Then your washing soda is ready to use on any of your DIY recipes. I use this in my laundry soap recipes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment