Sunday, October 30, 2016

DIY Halloween Decorations

Halloween is just a day away and it can get costly to buy already made decorations. Here are a few things that I made this year for our Halloween party that only cost $15. 

I bought some Halloween masks at the dollar store, put them in glass jars and let a tea bag soak overnight to give a murky look to the water. I had to cut the elastics off and trim the masks to make them sit right in the jars but they look pretty good.
                                        
Where would Halloween be without the poisonous concoctions! I bought glass bottles and Halloween labels at the dollar store. I filled them all with water and added food colouring based on the label names. Vampire Blood I made red, Spider Venom was orange, Witch's Brew was a really dark purple etc... 
                                           

                  

I wanted to make simple table decorations so I bought styrofoam balls and Halloween themed flowers from the dollar store. I already had a can of black paint so I painted the styrofoam black and let dry. I cut the down the flower stems and pierced the ends through the styrofoam balls and replaced the spiders on the flowers. You could also turn these styrofoam balls into spiders with pipe cleaner and some eye balls. There are so many DIY projects that you can do to decorate for Halloween and stay within your budget. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment