Tuesday, October 25, 2016

DIY Toothpaste Recipe

I've been using baking soda or a combo of baking soda and coconut oil as my toothpaste for about a year now. I came across another toothpaste recipe and had to try it because my kids are really not impressed with the new toothpaste. LOL If only everything could taste like candy right!

Ingredients:
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp xylitol (can use stevia extract as well)
20 drops of cinnamon essential oil
20 drops of peppermint essential oil

After I added all theses ingredients I ended up adding some more baking soda and essential oil for texture and taste preference. My husband likes to be able to feel the peppermint burning in his soul. Haha!

                                    
I tripled this recipe as I have a family of four and poured the toothpaste in my little glass jars with lid. And done! Baking soda or baking soda and coconut oil work just fine but again I was trying this recipe for taste to see if adding the xylitol would even make a difference. You can find xylitol at some grocery stores or at your local health store. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment