Friday, February 24, 2017

DIY Face Scrubs

I'm all about finding ways to do things naturally instead of using already made products that are full of chemicals. There are some stores that sell organic or products made with natural ingredients but they can get pretty pricey  because they have to pay more to license and be able to sell their product even though there is less ingredients. That's just blows my mind! So I've experimented with a few things that I always have at home. They all work great but I do have a favourite. Here are my top 3:

1) Honey and cinnamon - I am a mason jar queen and for my scrubs I use the really small ones. Fill the jar with honey and add a few table spoons of cinnamon, then mix well until all blended together. Everyone has a different preference so I would rub a little on your hand to feel the grittiness on your skin. Some people might like more cinnamon, some might like less but the cinnamon is a great exfoliant, and the honey is a great moisturizer. 

2) Baking soda scrub - Fill a small jar with baking soda, combine enough distilled water and mix to make a paste and a few drops of grapefruit essential. You use distilled water because there are impurities in tap water and  your scrub will mold if not used right away. This is another great exfoliant. Your face will feel really smooth after this scrub.

3) Epsom salt scrub - Fill a small jar with epsom salt and enough almond oil to coat all the grains of epsom and add a few drops of grapefruit essential oil. This one is a little messier because it's not like a paste and you need to be in the tub or over a sink as piece of epsom salt will fall but this works good as well.

My favourite is the honey and cinnamon because I am hypothyroid and this one seems to moisturize my skin the best after the scrub. But the baking soda scrub is a close second because it is a really good exfoliant.  You can use other essential oils in your scrub as well.  I just find the grapefruit and citrus scents refreshing on my face. Try them out and see which one is your favourite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment