Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I've been gluten free for about 2 months now but man do I ever miss pizza! Cauliflower is a great alternative for things like potatoes, rice and you guessed it.....pizza dough. I was skeptical at first but tried it and it taste so good. Here is the recipe and some pictures of when I made this at home myself.

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg

I was making 2 larger pizzas so I tripled this recipe. Bowl some water on the stove and drop the cauliflower in for a few minutes. Then throw the heated cauliflower into your processor to make it like a dough. To get the water out you put the cauliflower into a dish towel and wring out as much of the water as you can. I found out after making this that I could of skipped this step and just grated the raw cauliflower. DARN! But the pictures and recipe I am posting are the way I made it so that's what I will show you.

Once you've squeezed out as much water as you can add the rest of the ingredients to the cauliflower dough as well as you can. Then simply spread over your cooking sheet and press the corners to create nice edges. Put the cauliflower dough into you pre-heated over at 500°F for 15 minutes to cook the crust. Then take the dough out and cover with your favourite toppings and put back in the over for another 5-7 minutes to cook. Presto, cauliflower pizza! Nothing beats the taste of authentic homemade pizza, but I have to admit this is a tasty alternative. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment