Monday, September 11, 2017

Avocado Brownies

In my search to find new and different dessert recipes I came across this one on-line and had to try it out. I don't have a sweet tooth but this was really good. I did reduce the amount of sweetener for my taste. See recipe below. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup avocado (2 large or 4 small)
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 cup honey (I put a bit over a 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

I melted my dark chocolate over the stove and then just put everything in my food processor to make a nice puree. I poured this in a glass 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350°F for about 35-45 minutes. I was quite surprised and how moist it was and very tasty. It was just the right sweetness for me and family approved. Give it a try, they are gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.

Join my group on Facebook to see daily posts and recipes.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/882339178570419/?ref=br_rs

No comments:

Post a Comment