Monday, June 19, 2017

Oven Chicken with Veggies

Here is a recipe that I created in my kitchen yesterday. I sliced up 2 sweet potatoes with 1 white potato (for my daughter who doesn't like sweet potatoes), head of broccoli, 2 cans of water chestnuts, 4 carrots, a container of mushrooms, 1 red onion, whole head of garlic, 1 bunch of cilantro and 1 package of boneless skinless chicken breast. I pre-heated my oven at 450°F. As a sauce I put about 1 cup of olive oil, zest from 2 limes and used the juice from the lime after zest was grated, about 1 tsp salt and pinch of pepper. I covered this mixture over top of everything and mixed until coated nicely. Put the timer on the over for 25 minutes and voilĂ , dinner! This made 2 large batches. Not all the cookware was in the picture but I had the large glass dish in the picture with a medium and small one for each batch. If you take out the white potatoes this is an AIP friendly dish. I left those aside for my daughter when scooping  my plate. :)




For more daily recipes and posts please join my Facebook group Journey to Health - Back to the Basics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment