Sunday, June 18, 2017

GI Map Testing

I've done my ultrasound and EBV testing for my functional medicine physician. Today....another one getting sent out. GI map test all done and ready to send to the USA for testing. This will test my stool and if there are any bad bugs in my gut. Your gut is your immune system and when it's sick...your sick.  Another piece to the puzzle checked off the to do list. Just love how the stool catcher looks like a French fry tray. LOL!! Cost is about $385 US but lucky I have 50% coverage through my work benefits as this test is not covered under Canadian OHIP. You could file it as a medical expense on your taxes. That's what I'm going to try next tax year and see what they will cover. It's all worth it to find out what is going on in my body.  When one system is out your entire body is affected which is why I love functional medicine and naturopathy. They acknowledge this and don't just look at one area of concern. It's the entire picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment